Monday, September 16, 2013

Sleep Chamber ::: Musik For Mannequins




 From the letter contained within the release;
"Please find enclosed my newest release, my newest effort in music.  I hope you find it as interesting to listen to as I did making it."
"In the creating of the music I've tried to make each track as interesting as the next."
"About the artwork... the cover & inside graphics are from the rare artwork of - (1882-188? were the years these ones were done in) -  a bit ahead of his time.  He is my favorite artist.  I see my world through these graphic's... see my music through this art also."
"I think it's as close to what I see in my music as I can get."
"Thank you - - hope you enjoy the music." 
 John Ze'Wizz (1983)


"This is some of the most interesting music to be released from Triple-X, SLEEP CHAMBER seems to wrap itself up with the darker side of magical music.
In this tape they use Egyptian music and treat it with the drone of electronics, they also use music from India and texture it  in layers of delay, they use African percussion and also add electronic entanglements to this.
Being mostly interested in the use of the power of music, they are all too serious about their use of it - (zombie &  voodoo pastern & rhythms) and now with a taste of witchcraft and magic, they even use a "Death Chant" on this new tape where a real found vocal of a death chant is used.
Most of the music is highly interesting and very strange, but all to much is it taken to heart.
The packaging is some of the best yet, in a box with bizarre sexual drawings, and the inside comes with prints and info on each track, all numbered and signed.  A real touch of class!"
From the Other Sound Issue #2 1983

Tracklist:
1. Victmm
2. Jungle Disease
3. The Lantern
4. A Distant Cry
5. Conversations In Between Walls
6. Left Side Of The Tomb
7. Twenty Three
8. The Last Fantasy
9. Rite To Death

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!IsMnGJLC!Hbbd5Hpe9UH-cLu51pG4JaltHA4Ul-xgRrhjJTs1bMI