Thursday, March 19, 2015
Mount Vernon Arts Lab ::: The Seance At Hobs Lane
This album actually originally came out in 2001 on Satellite, but Ghost Box took it up in 2007 and re-released it.
I wasn't actually familiar with the album until it was re-released in 2007 (I have to admit that I go for everything that Ghost Box put out - I've yet to be disappointed). It fits in well with the Ghost Box aesthetic. It features electronica, field recordings and found sounds to produce a startlingly coherent album. As with many of the Ghost Box records, this has a definite Radiophonic Workshop feel, though it also almost seems to take in other influences (including, even, some of the more out there aspects of jazz - Anthony Braxton, perhaps?)
It is most definitely recommended for anyone who has enjoyed anything previously released on Ghost Box. I'd also suggest that fans of Broadcast and even, perhaps, Boards of Canada would be interested. Furthermore, if you've ever enjoyed the soundtrack music from anything vaguely science-fictional or instruction/education videos from the 1950s to the 1980s, this should have something for you!
Tracklist:
1. The Fog Detonator
2. Hobgoblins
3. The Mandrake Club
4. Dashwoods Reverie
5. The Black Drop
6. Sir Keith At Lambeth
7. The Submariners Song
8. The Vauxhall Labyrinth
9. While London Sleeps
10. Warminster 4
11. Percy Toplis
Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!45cXkKLb!xf9IXK1lzXP8Xcgk4yf_CQ_cpm6EVo2wW8zBGCX_9ok
Labels:
ambient,
electronic,
experimental
