Saturday, April 4, 2015

Inertia ::: The Screen / A Submarine


Another minimal synth obscurity from the UK. Inertia released three singles and this, I believe, is their second. The Screen sounds a lot at first like Vice Versa but then veers into a more dense Fad Gadget type sound. The Submarine is a whole different thing altogether. I bet the singer heard the drone-like music and said, “This drone sounds like music from a submarine!”. Next thing you know he’s repeating “in my submarine” over it and viola, we have a song. I just can’t imagine anyone today recording something like this and releasing it. That’s what I love about it. It has zero commercial potential and will probably get you ostracized from the youth subculture of your choice. This was probably the case in 1980 and it’s probably the case today. Youth subcultures are very over-rated. Submarines are cool.

Tracklist:
A The Screen    
B A Submarine

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!pgNGiKzA!5cYqWCAenWuGXpZXhuK4m87aKwMmE63QCievwzaG2rE